The Tower of Stavronikitas, also known as Tower of Sani dates from 1543 and was built to protect the “metochi” (dependency) of the Stavronikita Monastery.


The tower is in an excellent state of repair; it is 8 meters high, but the archaeologists believe that an upper floor is missing, and the original tower was much taller.

Distance from Hotel Argo: 25km